Weekly Update 9.27.22
Be on the Lookout for…
- Tuesday folders will come home today. Please take time to look through student work samples and look for areas of success or improvement.
- Parent OPEN HOUSE will be THIS Thursday, September 29th at 5:30pm. There will be two 25 minute sessions for parents with more than 1 classroom to visit.
- We have had 2 mystery readers and look forward to welcoming more! Please check out the sign up genius and details for this fun opportunity! word-mystery
- PICTURE DAY is Wed, Oct 5th! 📸
- The school’s Fall Festival is coming up soon! Mark your calendars for October 28th at 5:30. All classrooms will be putting together a raffle basket! Our class has the PICNIC theme. Please be on the lookout for more specific information about our collection this week.
This week in Literacy:
We are continuing our reading about overcoming learning challenges from around the world. This week we explore My Librarian is a Camel to see a nonfiction text about actual traveling libraries that enrich lives of children around the world.
BOG scores will be sent home next week along with other standardized testing information.
This week in Math:
This week students will focus on reading and representing data through a variety of surveys and graphs.
This quarter in science: In 1st quarter students will focus on Body Systems; specifically The skeletal, muscular and skin systems.
Objectives for this unit are:
3.L.1 Understand human body systems and how they are essential for life: protection, movement and support.
3.L.1.1 Compare the different functions of the skeletal and muscular system.
3.L.1.2 Explain why skin is necessary for protection and for the body to remain healthy.