Weekly Update 5.25.21
Be on the Lookout!
- This Wednesday, May 26th is an ASYNCHRONOUS day for students. They will be responsible for making corrections on their practice math EOG (paper copy in home folders today), and 2 assignments on Google Classroom.
- There is NO SCHOOL Monday, May 31st due to the Memorial Day holiday. Have a fun long weekend!
- With our math EOG right around the corner, I have a few pieces of information to be sure we are ready to go on June 1st. In order to be sure our students have working devices for testing, please note the following: If a student has a county-issued chromebook, they need to bring it and their charger to school daily no later than May 27. We want to be sure they have been logged onto the network, and have all of their updates/permissions before testing. Students will not be permitted to BYOD for testing. Students who do not have a county-issued device will be provided a school laptop for testing.
- The last week of school will be full of some fun themed days as we close out our year in style. A signup for a few items will go out next week, but here’s a heads up on what’s coming! Mon 6/7- Beach Day (wear your fave tropical attire), Tue 6/8-Camping Day (wear something you’d hike or camp out in), Wed 6/9-Fort and Game Day (wear sports gear for our class kickball game and bring a flat or fitted sheet to school), Thurs 6/10-Emoji Day (wear anything with emojis on it, or something that shows your favorite mood) word-3weeksof3rd 😥
This week in Literacy:
Students are finishing their Food Truck Business Plans! They are very excited to be entrepreneurs and design their own truck. We have received payment for ALL students and are very excited to share our projects and some Kona Ice together this Thursday!
This week in Math:
Our last multiplication quiz (12’s) was administered last Friday. Some students may have earned all their icecream sundae pieces! Yay for these multiplication masters! Most children will need to makeup one or more tests from not passing or being absent. Those makeup days will be Tue May 25, Fri May 28th, and Tue June 1st. Our goal is to have our class sundae party on Fri, June 4th. Please check out our signup genius to help make this reward and celebration a great event!
We will spend the next 2 weeks reviewing ALL math skills covered this year. Please message me if you’d like any at-home review materials.
This week in Science: 3.L.2 Understand how plants survive in their environments.
3.L.2.1 Remember the function of the following plant structures as it relates to the survival of plants in their environments:
- Roots – absorb nutrients
- Stems – provide support
- Leaves – synthesize food
- Flowers – attract pollinators and produce seeds for reproduction.
3.L.2.2 Explain how environmental conditions determine how well plants survive and grow.
3.L.2.3 Summarize the distinct stages of the life cycle of seed plants.
3.L.2.4 Explain how the basic properties (texture and capacity to hold water) and components (sand, clay and humus) of soil determine the ability of soil to support the growth and survival of many plants.