Weekly Update 11.9.21
Be on the Lookout for…
- Welcome to our new student Aarya! He joins us from Cedar Fork Elementary and already fits right in.
- Tuesday folders come home today. Please look at work samples and review with your child as needed. Signing and returning is not necessary, but I always think it’s good practice to review thins your child fell short on at home.
- Parent Teacher conferences will be held Nov 8-19th via Google Meet. Please click this link to sign up. The Meet link IS POSTED on the Class Dojo event. I am also linking it here 1st quarter Google Meet conference link
- There is no school Thursday and Friday of this week. Have a happy Veterans Day and enjoy your 4 day weekend!
- Student Ambassadors will run a Food Drive, collecting individual packs of crackers and individual boxes of juice for the Holly Springs Food Cupboard. Students will place donations in the box by the Student Support Hallway (under the picture of Shelby) November 15th-19th. Thank you for your support.
This week in Literacy:
Students are continuing the EL unit about Frogs this week. We are reading and writing narratives through Poems and Pourquoi Tales about Frogs. I am loving the creativity that has come out as we explore the potential why behind some frog facts.
This week in Math:
We are back to multiplication and division strategies in unit 4 for the next several weeks. We are reviewing the strategies used in multiplication (Number line, repeated addition, skip counting, arrays, and equal groups drawings) and will also cover unknowns and the PROPERTIES for multiplication (commutative, distributive, and associative). We will continue to solve MULTI STEP addition, subtraction, multiplication and division through number lines, arrays, visual models, and more! Multiplication/division will be the MAJOR focus on 2nd quarter. Memorization of facts is an expectation come January! May as well start prepping now! word-division
There are tons of great resources for this skill- please check some out here in this amazing math review resource organized by skill.
This week in science:
3.P.2 Understand the structure and properties of matter before and after they undergo a change.
3.P.3 Recognize how energy can be transferred from one object to another.